Other Resources

9-1-1 Call for obvious emergencies (fire, burglary, suicide attempts, medical crises, etc.). You can also call this number if you or your child is beyond your ability to safely contain in an emotional crisis.

2-1-1: This is the number to call to find out about current community resources available to individuals or families in need. Examples: legal assistance, emergency financial assistance, finding local government offices, etc.

Care Crisis Line (425) 258-4357 or (425) 258-HELPThis number is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. They have mental health professionals available to help with mental health crises (suicidal ideation or plans, out of control anger and rage, concerns about family members) when your therapist is unavailable. They can also connect you with providers who take government-issued medical coupons, if you are unable to pay for services and do not have insurance coverage with mental health benefits.

Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse (PICAA) (425) 252-4800 (24-hour crisis line): If you are in Snohomish County and you have been assaulted, or your child has disclosed abuse, please contact PICAA as soon as possible. They will provide a victim advocate who can help you or your child through the next steps of any legal or medical process that may need to occur. PICAA is one of the partners in Dawson Place, the Snohomish County Child Advocacy Center that opened in June 2006.

Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress (HCSATS) (206) 521-1800 (24-hour crisis line): If you are in King County, and you have been assaulted or your child has disclosed abuse, please contact HCSATS as soon as possible. For more information, follow this link to the HCSATS website.

CounselingSeattle.com: If you live in the greater Puget Sound area, this site allows you to find a counselor suited to your individual needs, near where you live.